Friday, August 24, 2012

Writing your first RUBY program

So finally I've started learning a language which does not have any main method (starting method). Yes, it's ruby. Though I learned a foundation knowledge about ruby and its syntax and familiarize with couple of programs. Here is what you can do to write and run your first ruby program.
1. Online code compiler and editor: Compilr
2. Writing first ruby program : this finally helped me to write first offline program on my machine.
3. Setting up your machine : Setting Rails Development Environment
Configuring your machine to learn new language is also imp step in learning specially when you've no idea about the subject. Currently I'm exploring the text editor (kind of IDE) for Ruby and will post when found a good one and ofcourse free. :)

Also I find this book quite good for beginners Programming Ruby : The Pragmatic Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment